Meet Dr. Alana Rogers
Dr. Alana Rogers, PT, DPT is a physical therapist and the founder of Seattle Ortho Arts PT in Seattle, WA. With over 30 years of experience in ballet and contemporary dance, she has the unique eye of a movement artist and professional athlete. Her background heavily influences her approach to physical therapy to include an emphasis on function, efficiency, movement optimization, and excellence.
- Performing Arts Medicine and Dance Medicine: treatment of dancers, musicians, aerial and theater artists
- Outdoor Enthusiasts: treatment of recreational athletes that enjoy the outdoors from the mountains to the sea, including hikers, mountaineers, snowboarders, runners, cyclists, kayakers, paddle boarders, and many more
- Lower Extremity Conditions: foot and ankle, knee, and hip injuries
Dr. Rogers takes a whole-person, whole-body approach to physical therapy. She examines the full kinetic chain to identify the origin of an injury and considers a client’s personal history and values in their plan of care in order to personalize their treatment. She provides a fresh perspective from the traditional physical therapy experience, uniquely tailored to each client’s lifestyle and goals.
Other Areas/Populations of Focus:
- Yoga and Pilates
- Adolescent athletes
- Vestibular: treatment of Benign Paroxymal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Post-surgical orthopedic, return-to-sport (RTS) training
- Perinatal: treatment of pregnant and postpartum clients, emphasizing postural training and ergonomics
- Senior Health: balance, fitness, and strength training in the older adult, emphasizing wellness, injury prevention, and recreational goals
Dr. Rogers provides lectures and workshops on dance medicine to dancers, dance teachers, and other medical and allied health professionals. She is very active in the dance community as a choreographer, dancer, and teacher and is the Artistic Director of Alana O. Rogers Dance Company, a contemporary dance company in Seattle.
Outside of work, Dr. Rogers avidly enjoys yoga, gardening, and adventuring in the Pacific Northwest, including hiking, backpacking, sea kayaking, snowshoeing, snowboarding, and spending time with her family and golden retriever Kabuki.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- APTA Performing Arts Special Interest Group (PASIG)
- International Association of Dance Medicine and Science (IADMS)
- Seattle Dance and Performing Arts Medicine (SeaPAM): board member and co-chair of Community Outreach and Education Committee
- Seattle Mountaineers: member, assistant instruction in snowshoe courses, backcountry snow sports avalanche safety training
- Wilderness First Aid certification
Dr. Rogers obtained her Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree in 2014 from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. She worked at Capitol Hill’s beloved Central Physical Therapy and Fitness for five years before opening Seattle Ortho Arts PT in 2019. Further areas of study include: Shirley Sahrman/Movement System Impairment (MSI) Syndromes, NAOIMT Level I and II, LJ Lee/Connect Therapy and the Thoracic Ring Approach, vestibular courses, and multiple dance medicine courses through IADMS and the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries. She has received mentoring from Carrie Hall of Movement Systems Physical Therapy (MSPT), with particular focus on treating hip conditions.
Ready to reach your highest potential?
Click the Schedule Now button to take the next step towards optimizing your health and solving your concerns.